Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our new patient coordinator via email, or set up a discovery consultation.
Billing & Insurance
Billing & Insurance
Functional Health & Wellness Care is generally considered elective care and therefore falls into the fee for service category and must be paid at the time of visit. This is due to the fact that insurance companies operate under a disease management model and do not cover health and wellness. Many patients can and do utilize their HSA/FSA accounts to cover this care. While this office does not submit to insurance companies directly for this service, we can provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for consideration.
Lab tests may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules. However, it’s the patient’s responsibility to verify their coverage.
If you’re receiving Chiropractic Care, it will be the patient’s responsibility to verify their chiropractic benefits and if necessary, obtain the appropriate referrals. Patients will be responsible for co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance or any non-covered services. Our office will submit directly to patient’s insurance for reimbursement and bill the patient accordingly.
About Lab Tests
- Lab tests ordered by our office will be billed directly to you. However, you may submit bills to your insurance co.for possible reimbursement.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional health testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through our office.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr. Reier and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is provided to you by our office, you will be charged the day the kit is provided.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further specialized testing or care, you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist.
Scheduling & Visits
Our office provides email availability to patients. Upon review we will respond via email and/or request that the patient schedule a phone or in-person encounter with Dr. Reier.
Scheduling & Cancellations
We make every effort to accomodate our patients when it come to scheduling and have invested time and effort on our end prior to your appointment. We value your time and expect the same level of courtesy from our patients. As a result our office policy is as follows:
There will be a charge of $50 if we don’t receive a 24 hour cancellation prior to a scheduled appointment. (We do make allowances for the unexpected illness or emergency).
Because we budget a full hour for our new patients our office charges $100 for “no shows” for their scheduled appointment who have not communicated via either telephone or email.
Take The First Step On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Dr. Reier is right for you.