Kids are picky eaters; there’s no getting around it. While it’s so tempting to go for an easy fix and just give them a bowl of Fruity Pebbles or Pop Tarts every morning, you have to realize that this is not healthy for your child. Cereals are highly processed and they are almost 100% refined carbohydrates. Cooking breakfast for your kids doesn’t have to be a production number each time. In fact, you can whip up a healthy meal in as little as 10 minutes!
Check out these healthy breakfast ideas below that your kids will go crazy about:
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk (homemade or natural)
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1/4 cup (or less) organic maple syrup (or coconut palm sugar)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- Add some cacao powder to make chocolate chia pudding
- Place all ingredients in blender or use an immersion blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into a glass jar or bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight (~6 hours) to set up. Stir or whisk a few times within the first hour to help it gel evenly.
- The next morning top with some berries, banana, or chopped nuts.
Nut butter and Fruit
Simply grab a banana or an apple and and smear on some nut butter (almond or cashew). Or organic peanut butter (Remember, peanuts are legumes and not nuts).
3/4 cup organic plain yogurt, 1 cup blueberries or any fruit that your kid likes and 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds.
place yogurt in an ice cream/dessert dish and top it with fruits and wheat germ. That’s it! It couldn’t be easier than that.